Human Stupidity: The Gift that Keeps on Giving.

Greetings. Human stupidity. The ability of humans to make completely unsubstantiated declarations is mind-boggling, at times a complete embarrassment. Oftentimes, some individuals manage to "kick it up" a notch, and I am trying very hard to be kind and civil, something which is against my nature. 

Social media has provided a platform for the spreading of fake news, disinformation, and misinformation, not to mention statements that reek of stupidity, plain and simple. We all know this to be true, so let's move past the firmly established. 

Ms. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a U.S. Representative from the state of Georgia, has been in office since 2020, winning reelection in 2022. She has made a habit of uttering statements that make one wonder what is going on, if anything, within the cramped confines of her cranium. A recent post I happened to come across on X (Twitter) made me laugh out loud, something I rarely if ever do. I subsequently felt compelled to write up an article about Ms. Greene's post (tweet,) so here we go....

Yes, you read the above statement right. I won't repeat Ms. Greene's words, they speak volumes all on their own, so I won't make the wasteful attempt. 

Before moving forward, I need to make a few details crystal clear. This particular blog posting is not politically motivated, nor is it coming from a biased, partisan point of view. I am simply disgusted by the prevalence of human stupidity on display nowadays. Ms. Greene thinks the weather can be controlled? By whom? "They?" Who the hell are "They?" I can safely assume that she means the opposition, the Democratic party, but who really knows. Maybe she means the Men in Black, or the idiots from Ancient Aliens, perhaps the wackadoodles at MUFON, or even better, maybe Dave Scott, Jimmy Church, or some other moronic broadcaster in the UFO subculture. 

The weather can be controlled? How stupid can one person possibly be? To quote the late Frank Zappa, a highly informed and intelligent human being if there ever was one, "Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the 'basic building block of the universe.' I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Ms. Greene evidently has an endless supply of bricks.

Thank you for your time and indulgence. 

Comments

Popular Posts